Acupuncture is one of the oldest, most commonly used systems of healing in the world. It is method of insertion of fine needles into specific points of the body called acupoints. Acupuncture is believed restoring health to the mind and body by keeping the balance between yin and yang (negative & positive force). Acupuncture treatment can be used to relieve pain, strengthen the immune system, Balance, harmonize, and integrate functions of the organs with each other.
Cupping therapy is a preventative medicine, it can be beneficial in following and many more conditions e.g. Back pain, Neck pain, sciatica, Knee, elbow, heel & foot pain, Sprains & strains, lumbar pain, pain of the abdomen and lateral costal region, coldness of the lower limbs, numbness and pain of the legs etc.
Cupping is a method of treatment in which a cup is placed on various points of the body and reflex zones. These zones are usually on the back, abdomen or legs. A negative pressure is created by a special pump; the negative pressure can be also created by introducing heat in the form of an ignited material. The cups create minor bruising and cause local congestion lead to trigger the immune system.
Some of the benefits of Cupping therapy
* Cupping therapy removes dead blood cells .
* It purifies blood.
* It clears veins.
* It clears arteries.
* It clears capillaries.
* It decrease carbon dioxide in blood.
* It strengths immune system.
* It promotes cell activities.
Contra indication of cupping therapy
Cupping should not be done on the following cases or situations.
- If you have a recent operation.
- An untreated medical condition.
- Bone or joint disorders
- Cardiovascular disorders ( heart problems,severe varicose veins and thrombosis).
- Pregnancy (or post natal).
- Severe skin disorders.
- Severe mental illness.
- If you have a cardiac pacemaker.
- If you are anaemic or very weak.
- Cupping is not suite able for very elderly or very young individuals.